Thursday, January 31, 2008

Just another day

My life seems to go in weekly cylces. One day I wake up and feel all positive about the job situation - especially when I have an interview scheduled. Then I slowly go into this down cycle where I start wondering if I even want this job. Then I go to the interview, get all excited because I would love this job, come out of the interview and realise I gave all the wrong answers - or rather was too darn honest, as usual - and spiral down just a little further.

Now I'm faced with a new day of job hunting, and so not feeling the vibe. The problem is that my self confidence spirals with my moods - or maybe it's just my frustration. Because I'm not really doubting my own abilities - just not understanding what I do so very wrong to not get a job. Then again - as was pointed out to me yesterday... I have only really been unemployed for a week. Never mind that I've been job hunting since October. Ugh.

At least I get to go to interviews. Not that it helps me anywhere. I guess it does tell me that what I really need to work on is my interviewee skills. I'm starting to think I just really need to learn how to LIE without going bright red at the same time. I'm too darn honest. Must do something about that. Any good tips?

All this was brought on by my interview yesterday. A super duper job that I applied for when a friend of mine who works there gave me the tip they wanted someone fluent in English. So far, you'd think I had it all going for me - skills and contacts. Then I get to the interview - which I thought went reasonably well. At least well enough for a second interview - when they tell me they're about to post a second round of ads (didn't find anyone on the first round) and after that I'd find out if I get a call back. Now, to me that's pretty much a, "hate to tell ya, but you're not gona cut it", just in different words. Never mind that I know I could do a great job. Guess maybe I wasn't pushy enough. I just never manage to get it just right. So MAD right now. Poop. I actually think I'm going to do the vacuuming rather than write applications right now. So MAD. Not often I prefer vacuuming to anything...

No comments: