Friday, March 2, 2007

Late Night Revelries

...or not so late night as it turns out. Because even if it feels like very late night, it is in fact only 10.56 pm. This makes me feel like I should feel somewhat sad and old, but it just doesn't. Some would think that at 26, I should still be living out my youth and clubbing until dawn every chance I get but fact is - I just don't have the energy. I just returned home from a wonderful dinner with friends, whereof the male half decided that venturing out into the Stockholm nightlife was a good idea, and the female half preferred to return home to bed with some sort of candy in our pockets. (Except for Ida ofcourse, who I think would have preferred a full night out ont he town but couldn't quite convince us...Sorry! :) ) My thought is - why do I feel ike I should be wanting to go out more? I don't actually feel that, just feel like I should feel that. Is this me getting "old"? Because 26 going on 27 just doensn't feel old to me. God knows I've done my fare share of far too long nights and drunken stupers, and I just feel like a nice buzz is all I need. Especially on a Friday night! Besides, I now have a cute little dog who needs someone's attention every now and then. So tonight I used him as an excuse. (but fact is he actually did need some tlc and a pee-round). Some of my friends have remarked on how much like having a child it must be, since we can leave him, but not too long. And it is quite like that I suppose, and yet I have thus far never regeretted it. On that note - I wish all well for the coming week end and look forward to a nice sleep-in tomorrow morning. As long as Pasco agrees that is...
Can I also - just as a random thought say - how very difficult it is to type correclty with a bottle of wine under your belt. I apologize for any misspelling and typing that may have occurred in the above. It seems that Pasco is wanting to send a "Squeek Squeek" out to all his dog pals out there who know the meaning of a good squirrel toy. Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nja, nog var det ganska skönt att komma hem ändå. Med tanke på att jag hittade en av krukväxterna i köket vattnad till två centimeter över jorden följande morgon, så var jag nog inte riktigt i form för att dansa hela natten när jag kom hem. Eller så var det precis det jag var!