Thursday, March 1, 2007

Good old criticism

Criticism is a funny thing. Even if someone starts off their judgement by saying - this was really good - it really makes no difference whatsoever when they add that "but" and start clanking. Even if it's constructive criticism, and it's great to move forward, it still doesn't make for a fun afternoon. Because although I mentally know that it's a necessary evil, and without it I won't be improving - emotionally it just doens't quite hit home the way it should. I'm hoping that this is another one of those things that I can get used to enough to let it not bother me. Kind of like blushing profusely while speaking in front of an audience - even if I know everyone in the room, I just can't help that involuntary reaction. So that along with once again wondering why on earth so many seem to think that it is ok to pee in subway stations, are the thoughts that have stayed with me during the day. I am just so sick of the smell of urine.

No comments: