Friday, March 23, 2007

Politics

Politics is a funny thing. So many people get so worked up about whichever party they belong to, which I just can't help but find somewhat amusing. I, like everyone else (or at least it should be everyone else!) vote, and have my oppinions of right and wrong. I however have also accepted that I vote for the party that has the ideas and ambitions that I agree with most. I don't agree with any of them one hundred percent, and I also accept that everything they say in the campaign is not going to happen. But that's the same for any party. None of them are perfect - that would be utopia - and none of them are going to make this country into the perfect state. Since people are involved - there will never be such a thing. But some people don't seem to want to see this, or they just ignore the fact that everyone has faults. I can happily acknowledge that "my party" isn't perfect, but at least they prioritise what I prioritise. I guess it has to do with me being rather disillusioned with the Swedish state of mind too... Not that I don't like it here, but some of the attitudes here drive me nuts. I think you have to have grown up here to accept them up front. I've lived here for a few years now, and have voted in two elections. But I still can't say that I feel like a real Swede. My passport is Swedish, and I love Swedish nature, and the fact that we build proper houses - but other than that, I just don't feel it. The love I mean. Maybe it will come.
Funny - in writing this I find that, despite all the above, I am quite passionate about my views. I won't go into them here - don't like discussing politics with people, it always gets ugly - but most of you know where my loyalties lie... Maybe I am, even if it is reluctantly, becoming a Swede. What a very odd thought. Just as well I suppose, since with Nicklas in school I won't be leaving any time soon... even if it does tempt me at times...

No comments: