Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ode To My Couch

Aah. What better feeling, than sitting down on the couch after a long day of hard work. At least a hard day of a lot of running around, trying to fit everything in.

Last night we realised that our doggy planning ran into some problems when Nicklas found an extra math class in the morning. His exams are coming up the stakes are mounting. Expecting a useless lecture I thought skipping half the day would be fine. Then it turns out that this was the one lecture that was really important and even fun. So at lunch, off I went to hurry home, have a quick chow down and take Pasco out for a proper walk. Then back to class for another few hours, during which I was also supposed to have fit in a couple of interviews. Luckily these I can get in tomorrow morning, so I'll have some fun stuff to do over the week end.

The project at school is taking a lot of time out of my life at the moment. Especially the part where I try to get a hold of people and interview them. Many can't be found, or are sick, or just plain old busy. I'm pretty sure being a reporter is nothing that I'll ever strive for. We'll see what happens, but I'm hoping I'll get three interviews in tomorrow. I'm wondering if I may be a little over ambitious, but I'm willing to take the chance. Since my name is going to be on everything I write, and as chief editor on top of that, I'm choosing to take it potentially a little too seriously. Now all I have to do is find somwhere to do the internship part of my course. Anyone want a web editor for a few weeks in October??

Pasco is going for his first interview tomorrow. We're taking him to a doggy day care center close to where we'll be living come mid June. If he fits the bill, he'll hopefully have a nice cosy place to spend the days while we're off at school. I'm hoping he'll be on his best charming behaviour. Knowing we had that checked off our list, would take another little bit of stress off. So longing for June to come, and the move to be over. I love school - who'd've thought, but right now everything is getting a little much at times. My brain is not rarely on fried, and things keep slipping. I've taken to using my calandar slaveishly. If it's not in there, it isn't happening. Just sucks when I forget to write things down... oops.

Well, CSI Miami is on i a few so I'm going to prepare with some nice tea, and a blanket to settle properly into my couch. I really do love it. Best investement I ever made. Ciao

No comments: