Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Passing of Time

Long time no write... After finishing off the project last week - which got some pretty great reviews :), there was a night slightly excessive drinking. Really nice to get all the stress out of my system. The idea was to take the weekend off - which I did - and then come back full of energy for the next project. But somewhere, something went wrong. Monday morning I wasn't really feeling it, and I can't say that I am yet. Not that it doesn't seem like fun, but somehow I feel like I've had the wind knocked out of me.

I suppose the fact that our move is coming ever closer plays in a little. Last night the guy buying my apartment came by to measure and have a bit of a look. I'm actually not too sure he was quite as impressed as he had probably hoped he would be... not that I blame him. He's paying a bloody fortune for the place! So tonight after a pretty much awful day, we went to have a look at our new home. It's frightening what a few months will let your brain do to images left lying around in your brainfolds. Somehow the place had done some serious growing in my mind... Turns out it's not a mansion after all! But it's still a really nice apartment, and after some puzzling I think we've figured out how we'll get all the furniture in. Phew! We actually had me a little worried there for a bit.

As apposed to last weekend, which I dedicated to myself, this coming weekend is being dedicated to my beautiful neice and nephew. Nicklas and I are babysitting from Saturday afternoon until some time Sunday morning. Scarry! Never babysat in the morning before... and I can't say I have breakfast with the little ones very often when we're all in the country together. It will be an experience, I'm sure. And besides - Anton is very good at helping out when there are things we don't know. I'm sure he'll let me know what he's supposed to be having... and Alexandra too for that matter. Just have to remember to not let him trick me... hmmm...

On that note, and very much looking forward to Saturday, toodleoo.

No comments: