Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Unpleasant surprises

The plumber is finally here. It's taken until now to get the leak fixed that started night before the aparmtent was being showed. Turns out that the guy who renovated my apartment before I moved in, did a somewhat questionable job. All sorts of safety measures are missing, which means anything that happens with the dishwashing machine for example, will probably not be covered by the insurance. Since we're moving - not such a problem for me - but the guy that moves in may well be less impressed. And for the moral dilemma of the day- do I tell him? Or do I let him find out when a leak has finally ruined the floor, which will probably be the only way he will notice?

I believe I have decided to skip a little more class today. Realised that the testing center at the hospital will probably be much less crowded now than this afternoon. So I think I'll go sit around there for however long it takes. Hopefully not too long. Then let them poke around my arm for a while to find a vein, which for some reason always seems to be very difficult. Now there's something to look forward to.

Hope the plumber is done soon. And especially hope the leak will be done with. Another point ticked off my list for the move. Woohoo!

No comments: